If the event organiser doesn’t authorise a refund after you have been in touch with them directly then you will need to pass your tickets on privately to recoup the funds. Please head here for more information.
Articles in this section
- How can I contact the event organisers via social media?
- How do I contact the event organiser if I can no longer obtain a refund for a postponed event?
- The option to contact the event organiser via my order history doesn’t appear?
- What information do I need to contact the event organisers directly via the form on Skiddle?
- The event organisers have told me to contact Skiddle regarding my late refund request, who should I be contacting?
- I haven’t had a reply from the event organisers
- I contacted the event organiser directly and they have offered me an alternative solution. How do I go about getting this?
- If the event organisers authorise a refund outside of the timeframe what do I do?
- What happens if the event organiser says no to a refund after I’ve contacted them directly?
- Why do I have to contact the event organisers directly regarding a refund for a postponed event (outside of the timeframe) when I purchased from Skiddle?